Monday, March 28, 2011

Car crash

Last Thursday night I was on my way to get Yolanda. She'd called because she was out of work, it was raining and her car was a long walk away and she had no umbrella. Since we live around the corner from her job, she called me and I went over to give her a ride to her car. It was cold in my car but Yolanda as usual was radiating dragon-level body heat, so the windows were fogged up pretty bad.


Between the fog on the windows and the dark and the rain, I missed a turn and she called out at the last second that I was supposed to turn left… bottom line is I drove up on a center divider. I scraped the crap out of the bottom of my car. It may be totaled. We called a towtruck and sat and waited for it to be picked up, and it was carted off. The mood as we sat to wait for the truck was… tense. Then we took her car home.


So now I've been driving her car to and from work, and she's been without a vehicle. She works about a ten minute walk away, but if your question is how is it sitting with her to be all day without a car while I've got hers, the answer is, to put it in terms this family can seize on… it's tippish as hell.


My car is in the shop and I'm waiting to hear how bad it is. It may be wrecked and I could have no car now. Situation could be dire.


We'll see what happens when I get word from the shop.

3 comments:

  1. I am not gonna lie...this is bad....hopefully it can be fixed....time to get a new one is what I am thinking though anyway....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A complete nightmare. You've suddenly become somewhat of a liability and NOT an asset. Best start looking for a few brownie points.

    ReplyDelete